Your nails will be manicured to perfection. Relax and let Diane soak your hands, gently tidy your cuticles and file your nails into your preferred shape. Your hands and arms will be smoothly exfoliated and massaged with aromatherapy scented moisturizing cream. Choose your favourite nail polish colour to complete your manicure. Your manicure includes sunscreen to protect your hands from age spots caused by the sun.
- The secret to keeping your newly manicured nails from smudging is proper drying time. The surface will feel dry to the touch immediately after the manicure but don’t be fooled. It actually takes an entire hour for nails to dry completely.
- Preserve your manicure at home by wearing rubber gloves when working with household cleaning products or water and when gardening.
- The most important part of the war against thin, soft, brittle, layering nails is cuticle oil. Cuticle oil will keep your cuticles soft and in shape, preventing painful hangnails and cracked cuticles. Massage cuticle oil in to your nails and especially the skin every night before going to bed and after washing your hands.
- Cuticle Oil is the only treatment that can feed the new cells in the matrix area. Cuticle Oil supplies the nail plate with the correct oil/moisture balance. Only your “living” nail can be improved to develop healthy nails. The living nail lies from the eponychium (base of the nail under the skin) to the first joint.
- Apply a coat of clear varnish every two or three days to keep that just manicured look.
- Never use your nails as tools.
- When a nail breaks, the best thing to do is to cut it off. But if this is not an option, cut a small strip of gauze from a teabag, place it over the tear and paint over it with nail polish. This will preserve it until your next manicure or until you can have it fixed properly.